Babies learn by playing. Here are some games you can play with your four-month-old:
- Play peek-a-boo. Place a sheet or baby blanket over your head, lift it
up and softly say, “Boo!” Your baby will enjoy many ways of playing
- Sing simple songs to your baby. You can sing nursery rhymes, or you
can make up your own songs.
- Lay your baby on her back and sing a song while you gently move
her arms in a big circle. You can also gently move her legs and raise
- Slip a colorful scarf through a plastic bracelet and tie the scarf to the
arm of a chair. Lay your baby next to the plastic ring. Your baby will
grab the ring and move the scarf around on the chair arm.
- After a bath, sprinkle baby powder into your hands. Do not sprinkle it
directly on your baby or near her face. Instead, gently massage your
baby’s body with the powder. Talk to her or sing a song while you’re
- Put a brightly colored sock on your baby’s foot. Your baby will
notice her foot. In time she will be able to grab it with her hands.
Make a game out of it by helping her reach for the sock and helping
her pull it off.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your Four-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads