How I grow:
- I creep across the floor, and I may crawl.
- I may help you pull me up to a standing position by keeping my legs
- When you hold me under my arms, I can stand and step in place. I
like to look at my feet.
- When I’m lying on my back, I like to bring my feet to my mouth.
- I can hold an object in each hand. I like to bang things together.
- I can sit with a little support.
- I have very good eyesight.
- I am starting to feed myself with my hands.
How I talk:
- I like to imitate the sounds I hear.
- I like to say short sounds, like “ba,” “ma,” “mu,” or “di.” I say several
sounds in a row.
How I respond:
- I listen to my own voice and the voices of other people.
- I may cry when my mommy or daddy leaves.
- I like to give hugs and kisses to people I know.
- I only want my favorite people to pick me up.
How I understand:
- I explore with my hands and feet.
- I struggle to get objects that are out of my reach.
- I can find objects that are partly hidden.
- When you bounce a ball in front of me more than once, I expect the
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your-Seven-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.