Parents love to see their toddlers eat well and are willing to give them almost anything for that million-dollar smile. Children know how easy it is to con sweets out of their parents. By the time you realize this, your kids have developed an addiction to sugar and it is already too late.
Turning the situation around seems to be a herculean task but it is never too late to take control of your toddler’s diets.
Here are some of the harmful effects of Sugary foods:
- Tooth Decay
- Empty calories
- Cakes and chocolates start being cheap substitutes for nutritional food.
- Unhealthy weight gain in toddlers.
- Lethargy and lessening of initiative.
- Sugary foods should not be given too often or given only in small amounts.
- Sugary food should be allowed only at the end of a meal as a reward for eating well at the table.
- Sugar free sweets and drinks could be introduced in the house.
- Food laid at the table should be healthy and nutritious not only for the toddler but for the entire family.
- Additional choices should be avoided. Once your children understand that they may not be getting any new treats other than what is laid at the table, they may eventually start eating the right foods.