The advanced stage of pregnancy can be a frustrating time for your spouse. She may be largely housebound and may find it difficult to move around freely. She may need your help in carrying out the simplest of tasks. Her bulky abdomen will make even relaxing an impossible chore.
With the date for delivery drawing closer, these are things you can do to help her feel better:
- Arrange for a prenatal massage: Massage sessions with a qualified therapist will soothe her aching and sore body and relax her mentally. Just check with her doctor about whether it is okay for her to have the massage.
- Treat her to a pedicure: Swellings and varicose veins on the feet and legs are common during pregnancy. Besides, her huge belly may come in the way of her caring for the feet. A good pedicure will not only help her feet look good, but make her feel better about herself.
- Enroll her for a prenatal yoga class: Yoga routines intended for pregnancy will help her cope with the pain and discomfort. It will also prepare her body for childbirth.
- Help her relax: Her awkward shape during the last weeks of pregnancy can make it difficult for her to relax or sleep well. Pillows and cushions designed for use during pregnancy will enable her to enjoy a good night’s rest when she really needs it.
- Spend time together: Help your spouse beat the boredom of those dreadful last weeks by planning things to do together, even if it is just an after-dinner walk, or watching TV together.