Welcome Back!

User Name
Password
Not Registered?

Tell us a little about yourself.

My child’s birthday is (for newsletter customization):

Enter an email address:

This is where your newsletters will be delivered to and where GreatDad.com will contact you with your new account information.

Chosing a maternity hospital

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  spiderman63754@gmail.com 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello fellow fathers (or fathers to be)! My wife and I will have our first child in about six months and we need to choose a maternity hospital. The doctor and hospital we are currently set up with both have a great reputation but when I used my insurance company’s website to get a cost estimate I was shocked! This particular hospital charges about 160% of what the competition charges. We have just bought a home and I am fairly new with my company so we are stretched a little thin at the moment. The cost difference between this hospital and others, out of pocket, is about what I make in two weeks (take home) and I know this is just the first of many upcoming expenses. I don’t want to scrimp on something this important and I want it to be a positive experience, but at the same time, the bills have to get paid. I guess my questions are, how big of a difference did it make between different hospitals and how did you go about choosing one?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.