Welcome Back!

User Name
Not Registered?

Tell us a little about yourself.

My child’s birthday is (for newsletter customization):

Enter an email address:

This is where your newsletters will be delivered to and where GreatDad.com will contact you with your new account information.

Daughter VERY attached to me!

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  SimonSays 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

My name is Simon. I’m 40 years and my wife passed away 6 years ago. Since then I’ve been single handedly raising my 2 children. Jason is now 10 and Rebecca is 8. Rebecca only had her beautiful mother for 2 years, and since then it’s just been the 3 of us. She’s very attached to me though and sometimes cries when I go out for the evening and leave her with our trusted babysitter. She does not sleep over at her friends’ houses or my parents. She does not want to spend any time away from me, if it can be avoided.

I am glad she feels so safe with me but think this attachment is unhealthy (although somewhat to be expected since she already lost 1 parent).

How do I deal with this or address this “problem” for lack of a better word?

Under another topic I am going to ask a question about my son so hold tight…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.