Welcome Back!

User Name
Not Registered?

Tell us a little about yourself.

My child’s birthday is (for newsletter customization):

Enter an email address:

This is where your newsletters will be delivered to and where GreatDad.com will contact you with your new account information.

?s income taxes and such

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  tmax1014 9 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

So first of I just want to say hello to everyone! Im new to this site and you all have already helped answer a TON of questions that I have had. Im 21 years old, about to start my 4th year at Oklahoma State University with one more year after that. I just found out that my girlfriend is pregnant! She is 19, and in college herself. We are super excited! She is only about a 7 weeks into it.

All of that being said, Im really surprised how quickly I have gone from a bachelor’s way of thinking to a father’s way of thinking. Im trying to figure out how I will be able to pay for this child and how I will be able to give it everything that I didn’t have.

I have a very good secure job and I make good money for my age. Im a guest service clerk at a hampton inn and my major is Hotel Administration so I have plenty of room to go up. However I know it will be tough for the next few years with paying off student loans and such.

One thing I havent figured out yet, is all of the dependent exemptions and income tax stuff. I know that my baby can only be claimed on one tax return. My girlfriend and I live together. Our parents still claim us as dependents on the income taxes. And we dont plan on getting married until I graduate at the very least. Im afraid that filing a joint tax return will unqualify us for sooner-care since it’s based on income. I think that it would be more benificial than a tax break, seeing as how it pays for everything medical with my girlfriend and the baby!

Any advice is welcome for this clueless daddy-to-be!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.