Welcome Back!

User Name
Password
Not Registered?

Tell us a little about yourself.

My child’s birthday is (for newsletter customization):

Enter an email address:

This is where your newsletters will be delivered to and where GreatDad.com will contact you with your new account information.

Son misbehaving at school, now what?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  SimonSays 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

SimonSays

My name is Simon. I’m 40 years and my wife passed away 6 years ago. Since then I’ve been single handedly raising my 2 children. Jason is now 10 and Rebecca is 8. In the past year or so Jason has gotten in trouble at school for misbehaving. He does not concentrate well on his work, tries to distract the other students into playing with him during class, and is known for clowning around. His teachers have talked to me, and quite frankly, I don’t know what to say but feel ashamed that I am failing as a parent. When I directly try to talk to Jason about it, he shuts down or wants to play with his games.

I’m not sure if this is his way of acting since he does not have a maternal figure at home to give him that feminine touch or perhaps it is completely unrelated.

Any tips for addressing this? Please and thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.