Welcome Back!

User Name
Not Registered?

Tell us a little about yourself.

My child’s birthday is (for newsletter customization):

Enter an email address:

This is where your newsletters will be delivered to and where GreatDad.com will contact you with your new account information.

Struggling To Support My New Family

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  BMJ_UK 9 years ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

We found out my girlfriend is pregnant back in January and we are both very happy indeed. The problem we are having is mainly a financial one, a problem I imagine affects most couples when planning a family.

The problem is that I don’t think my partner really understands the effort I am putting in and mentions that I don’t pay her any attention any more. I am 21, run my own limited company which takes up a lot of time, and have recently started a new 40+ hour/wk job on top of that to earn enough to give our unborn child the best start in life possible. I probably work a total of 75+ hours a week.

My partner is 10 weeks pregnant with our first child and doesnt work. I have bought up the job situation and I understand that morning sickness etc must be awful, but I really don’t know if I will be able to support 3 of us for long like this. I know she is going through the physical changes, but I too feel permanently drained and down a lot of the time and although I won’t let it affect my performance, I don’t want to start resenting doing what I have until present, loved doing. She wants to move in with me very soon before we tell her Dad and gets mad at me if I mention her working, or me not having enough money to support us all financially.

Is anyone in the same position? And am I in the wrong for thinking she should be trying to earn a wage to help us out as well? I know a lot of women work until they are about to drop, but obviously some do not.

I’d be grateful for any advice.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.