Welcome Back!

User Name
Password
Not Registered?

Tell us a little about yourself.

My child’s birthday is (for newsletter customization):

Enter an email address:

This is where your newsletters will be delivered to and where GreatDad.com will contact you with your new account information.

writing a letter to grandma as a way to share

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Analu 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Analu
    Participant

I am working all the time, so I have very little time for my baby (i’m ashamed to say).

I have devised a way that I would like to share to spend some quality time with your child that will help them and help you to feel closer.

I do this all the time, and it really works for me.

I sit down with a piece of paper and some crayons and take dictation from my son about his day in pre-school and his play group, and we both write a letter to his grandmother. I write about my day at work, and Kimo writes about his day, and he can draw pictures (he’s better at that then me, so he feels good about that). Kimo learns about my day at work, and I learn about his day, and grandma is the big beneficiary, as she gets a custom hand written letter from her son and grandson.

She absolutely loves it, and keeps them in a special drawer.

This has many benefits. It gives me time with my son. It allows him to open up to me and share his day. He sees how much I enjoy writing and sharing information with the family.

Between reading aloud to my kids and this letter writing I feel very connected to them (even in the short amount of time i have).

I would love to hear any suggestions you all have…..
    Or if you want to send me a million dollars I can retire and just take care of my kids full time
    😳
    😛

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.