At one month old:
- I like to look at black and white colors and patterns more than at
- I roll part of the way from my back to my side.
- I keep my hands or fingers slightly open most of the time.
- Sometimes I root around and try to suck, even when Iím not feeding.
- I make some throaty or gurgling sounds.
- I need you to protect the soft spot on the top of my head.
- I cry when I am hungry, wet or tired, or when I want to be held.
- I may smile at you when I see you or hear you.
- I make eye contact with you.
- Loud noises, bright lights or rough handling scare me.
- Iím often fussy in the evenings.
- I turn my head sideways when Iím on my stomach.
- My head wobbles if you donít hold it. I need you to put your hand
behind my head and neck.
- I have learned that I will be fed when I am hungry.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow SmartóYour One-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.
Previous / Next: Keeping Your Babyís Records