Get Moving Family Fitness is a new Wii game from Jumpstart. This series hosted by Brooke Burke starts off a little goofy with her introduction, but the games inside are all fun and games. They can be played by 2 players. They involve components of major sports like passing (basketball and football), setting the ball (volleyball), and running. Be ready for a workout. To compete against your kids, you’ll have to get out of your chair and really move. After 10 minutes, I needed a break and had a little residual soreness from muscles that don’t get used this way very much any more.
Get Moving is rated E for Everyone with Comic Mischief by the ESRB
- Really does get dads and kids out of the chair. You have to get up to compete in these games.
- Uses more lifelike motions to create the action. You really have to pump your arms to make players run or shoot.
- Goofy intro by Brooke Burke didn’t really add to the kids’ experience. Seems tacked on and just wastes time. Likewise, her avatar.
- Personalization features weak versus many other programs. Avatars lacked a “bald” option, so I did get to have a full head of hair again for the first time in ten years.
- Can only be played by two players at one time.
GreatDad.com Review Policy: Some of the featured products for this review were provided to us, at no cost, by the manufacturer or representing PR agency for the sole purpose of product testing. We do not accept monetary compensation for reviewing or writing about products. We only review products that we have personally tested and used in our own homes, and all opinions expressed are our own.