These are some important bedwetting facts.
- Millions of children all over the world bed wet.
- The number of children who wet at night is increasing.
- Over 7 million children in the U.S. experience bedwetting.
- 2/3 of kids who wet at night are boys.
- 10-33% of 5-6 year olds bed wet.
- 8-15% of 7-8 year olds bed wet.
- Less than 5% of those older than 10 years of age bed wet.
- Children whose parents were bedwetters have a 40% chance of bedwetting.
- If both parents were bedwetters then the chances increase to 75% that their children will wet at night.
- 20% of bedwetters also wet during the day.
The Good news:
- 15% become dry each year.
- 70% of children will “outgrow” bedwetting by the time they are 11 years old.
- 99% will no longer wet at night by the time they turn 15.
- Less than 1% of children with nighttime wetting have a medical explanation for their problem.
Dr. Smith is board certified and he has authored or co-authored many articles, papers, chapters, and books in Urology and Pediatric Urology. His research has been presented throughout the world. Dr. Smith’s dedication to helping children with urologic problems inspired him to establish PottyMD.