Some movies resonate with dads more than others. Whether it be due to a compelling father son relationship or a slue of action sequences, certain films are certainly more father-friendly than others.
So when you have the night to yourself and are looking for a way to kick back, why not put in one of these classic movies, crack open a beer and embrace your paternal instincts.
1. Field of Dreams. This classic 1989 Kevin Costner flick has everything: baseball, James Earl Jones and the compelling story of a tumultuous father-son relationship. There are few times when men think it's okay to cry, but if you build it (watch it), they (the tears) will come.
2. The Empire Strikes Back. Widely believed to be the best of all six Star Wars movie, the middle film of the original trilogy is George Lucas' masterpiece. With the introduction of some of the most iconic characters in movie history and the revelation of Luke Skywalker's origin, this movie can be re-watched time and again.
3. Back to the Future. There are few movies that personify the '80s more than this comedy/drama/sci-fi icon. Michael J. Fox was in his prime when this was shot, and the film made the DeLorean a legend. Who doesn't love seeing Marty McFly stand up for his dad in his younger days.
4. The Pursuit of Happyness. Will and Jayden Smith, a real life father-son duo, steal the show in this movie. The moving film was inspired by the true story of Chris Gardner and his son, Christopher. Much like Field of Dreams, the experience of watching a father and son duo come together, face adversity and thrive could produce more than a few man tears.
5. The Road. If The Pursuit of Happyness took place after the apocalypse, it would look a lot like this. The movie follows the plight of a father son who are trying to survive in a barren wasteland, and if they can do that maybe going to work every day isn't so bad.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.