Christmas should be the time of year when families get together to enjoy each others company. With good food, plenty of presents and plenty of good football games on TV, it should not be that hard. However, dads can still manage to mess things up.
With that in mind, guys should steer clear of these five things to ensure that good tidings come, and that ye gentlemen need not rest on the couch.
1. Buy a selfish gift. Whether it be golf clubs for yourself, or a bowling ball for your wife, thoughtless presents can certainly ruin the holidays.
2. Insist on KFC for dinner. Everybody loves the Colonel, we know this. However there is a time and a place for fried chicken, and December 25 is neither. Unless your Christmas turkey gets eaten by dogs, of course.
3. Awkward jokes. Unless you’re a comedian, telling jokes at the family Christmas party is not recommended. You might think that insinuating that Mrs. Clause pleases Santa on a daily basis is funny, but everyone else can assure you that it’s not.
4. Dress up like Santa. Nobody likes an attention whore, and dressing up makes you certainly that. Just don’t do it.
5. Set something on fire. Remember last Fourth of July? Leave the explosives to the pros. Whether it be the tree, dinner or Grandma Jane, keep pyrotechnics to a minimum.