How can podcasting be a valuable platform for entrepreneurs to connect with their audience and generate income?
Dive deep into the world of podcasting with entrepreneur and podcasting expert Evans Putnam. Discover how podcasting can empower entrepreneurs to achieve success in their businesses and personal lives.
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Discover the power of podcasting as a tool for entrepreneurs to make money and build a strong connection with their audience.
- Understand the value of podcast listeners as a desirable audience, who are highly engaged and not easily distracted.
- Learn from a successful real estate podcast example that led to financial success and a better work-life balance for the host.
- Gain insights on how to monetize your podcast without being pushy or salesy, focusing on building relationships with listeners and providing opportunities for them to show interest in purchasing.
- Explore the importance of finding a balance between entrepreneurship and being present with your family, regardless of the type of job, and discover strategies for achieving work-life harmony.
Title: Achieving Work-Life Balance and Entrepreneurial Success: Insights from Evans Putnam
Hey dads and fellow entrepreneurs! Welcome back to another episode of Great Dad Talks. Today, we have a special guest, Evans Putnam, a seasoned entrepreneur and podcasting expert. In this episode, Evans shares his journey of finding work-life balance and achieving entrepreneurial success, all while being a devoted father. Let’s dive in and learn from his valuable insights.
Balancing Work and Life: A Podcasting Perspective
When it comes to entrepreneurship, time management is crucial, and podcasting can be a great way to connect with your audience and foster a loyal following. Evans shares how podcasts provide entrepreneurs with a platform to hold the attention of listeners, especially those in higher income brackets. He emphasizes that podcast listeners are not easily distracted and tend to listen to a high percentage of episodes.
Here’s some key advice from Evans:
- Attention is valuable: Podcasts offer a captive audience that other platforms may not provide.
- Cultivate relationships: “The key to making money through the podcast was not being pushy or salesy, but instead building relationships with listeners,” says Evans.
- Authenticity and value: Stay true to yourself and provide valuable content. Podcast listeners appreciate authenticity and relatability.
- Storytelling: Engage your audience through storytelling, featuring both big names and regular individuals with intriguing stories.
Finding Purpose and Alignment in Entrepreneurship
For Evans, starting a podcast wasn’t just about making money; it was about bringing work-life balance to the real estate industry and helping others succeed without sacrificing their personal lives. He advises aligning your podcast content with your expertise and niche, becoming known for your expertise in that area.
Here’s some key advice from Evans:
- Have a focused theme: Stay true to your core message. Identify your niche and establish yourself as an authority in that space.
- Conversation beats scripted episodes: While having a set of questions can guide the conversation, don’t script the entire episode. Maintain a conversational flow for a genuine connection with your listeners.
- Subtle call-to-action: Lead the conversation towards a desired topic or call-to-action towards the end of the show without making it feel forced or scripted.
The Journey to Becoming a Better Father and Entrepreneur
Evans opens up about his personal journey as an entrepreneur for over 20 years and his initial beliefs about being successful in business making him a bad father. However, he discovered that success in both realms is attainable.
Here are some key takeaways:
- Prioritize presence: Be fully present with your family, regardless of the type of job you have.
- Collaboration and support: Surround yourself with like-minded individuals who share your values and collaborate with them to achieve greater success and fulfillment.
- Servpreneur approach: Evans has developed the Servpreneur blueprint, a system that encourages entrepreneurship while also making the world a better place. It focuses on serving first and giving back to the community.
Thank you all for joining us on this episode of Great Dad Talks, where we explored the insightful journey of Evans Putnam. Building a successful business and being a dedicated father are not mutually exclusive; it’s all about finding that work-life balance and pursuing your passion with purpose. Remember to serve, give, and transform through your podcast, and success will follow. Stay tuned for more episodes packed with stories, inspiration, and practical advice on fatherhood and entrepreneurship. Connect with us on social media and keep the conversation going!
About Evans Putnam
Evans Putnam is a seasoned entrepreneur and podcasting expert who has built a successful career by leveraging the power of podcasts to connect with his audience, make a positive impact, and achieve financial freedom. With over 20 years of experience as an entrepreneur, Evans has honed his skills in real estate and coaching, earning him a reputation as a trusted mentor in the industry. He is the founder of the Servepreneur movement, a community dedicated to creating businesses that serve others while providing profit and freedom. Evans is a firm believer in the power of collaboration, storytelling, and authenticity, and he shares his expertise through his own podcast and coaching programs.