Well-behaved children are a joy to have around you. On the other hand, misbehaved children are a constant source of worry, trouble and unhappiness. Therefore, parents need to encourage good and balanced behavior in their children not only for their own benefit but also for the benefit of the children themselves and the society in which they are being brought up.
Here are a few tips to promote good behavior in your children:
- Teach the right behavior – Give clear definitions as to what is good behavior and distinguish between good and bad behavior
- Set a good example – children often imitate parents. Therefore, by behaving well yourself, you will set the right examples to inculcate good behavior in your children
- Offer constructive comments and criticism – whenever your children behave in an unacceptable way, make sure that your criticisms and corrective comments are constructive and do not have a negative impact on the children’s minds
- Praise good behavior – whenever you find your children behaving in a decent way, be sure to approve of it to let the children know that this type of behavior is likable
- Reward good behavior – set-up a system of incentives to encourage good behavior. This will motivate the children to stick to decent behavior every time