They say that the fastest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. On Father’s Day, show your dad how special he is to you by pampering him with these special treats. The idea here is not to break the bank or your back so these Father’s Day recipes are fast and simple. Don’t worry if you’re not a whiz in the kitchen. The key is that you want your dad to feel like you are putting in the extra effort on his celebratory day.
Brunch: Cheese Omelet
Start the day with a delicious brunch. This will be more than dad’s usual cereal or snack bar routine so he will feel like he is king.
1 tablespoon of butter
2 tablespoons of grated cheese
- Empty the contents of the eggs into a bowl and beat together with a few sprinkles of salt and pepper.
- After these ingredients are well mixed, pour them into a pan and cook them until the eggs are no longer liquid.
- Take the cheese and sprinkle it in a thick, single line down the center of the set eggs.
- Fold both sides of the omelet so the cheese is hidden inside the omelet.
- Flip the omelet so each side is cooked evenly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Dinner: Barbecued Ribs
Instead of rushing out to a formal dinner at a restaurant, gather the family for a home-cooked meal, courtesy of you. This Father’s Day recipe for barbecued ribs will be a culinary hit with your dad.
6 pound back ribs; cut in small serving pieces
1 small onion (diced)
¾ cup water
¼ cup honey
2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
4 tablespoons lemon juice
1 ¼ cup ketchup
½ tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon pepper
- Mix the diced onion, water, honey, Worchestershire sauce, lemon juice, ketchup, salt, and pepper. Cook the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the ribs for 1 hour over coals, which are medium to hot. Turn the ribs at regular intervals.
- Brush the ribs with the sauce you just created and then continue to cook and turn them for another 20 to 30 minutes.
- Chow down!
Don’t forget to set the table using your best dishes. A well laid-out table adds a nice touch to a holiday meal. Lastly, make sure you clean up afterwards so your mother or father is not left fixing the mess you made preparing these Father’s Day recipes.