Beaches have something for everyone. There’s adventure, relaxation, and entertainment. And the range of accommodation choices, from resorts and combos to shacks and camp tents, caters to every taste and budget. Also, a beach vacation provides families with an excellent opportunity for bonding.
Here is GreatDad’s list of the best five beaches for dads to take their families to for the vacations:
5. Cooper’s Beach: This white sandy beach is located on Long Island, Southampton. Take a leisurely stroll to see the historic mansions that line the beach. Kids can even enjoy a “polar bear swim” in winter. The beach has lifeguard facilities in summer.
4. Cape Hatteras National Seashore: This beach, located in Hatteras Island on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, provides ideal holiday recreation with swimming, surfing, and boating. The nearby Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge has interesting children’s programs. The Cape Hatteras Lighthouse is also worth a visit. The presence of wintering waterfowl makes this beach popular with birders.
3. Hanalei Bay Beach: This spectacular beach is on the North Coast of the island of Kauai in the beach capital of the world, Hawaii. The expansive shoreline is perfect for swimming and other water sports—the place for kids to have their first surfing lessons. The sleepy town of Hanalei nearby is also worth exploring.
2. Caladesi Island: Located in the Clearwater/Dunedin area on Florida’s west coast near St. Petersburg, this is a natural wonder that can only be reached by boat. A favorite with nature enthusiasts, this sparkling beach offers opportunities for boating and kayaking through wild mangrove trails. Kids will love the sea turtles that come ashore to lay eggs on the dunes. The three-mile-long nature trail is an exciting hiking option.
1. Siesta Beach: Located in Siesta Key, near Sarasota, Florida, this beach scores on account of its dazzling sand and azure water. The soft, pure-white sand has been described as the whitest and finest on any beach in the world. It is said to be so reflective that it never gets hot, remaining cool even on the hottest of days.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.