Infants at the age of two months tend to show the following signs of development:
- They can recognize you.
- They take interest in different objects, toying with them at times.
- They become good observers.
- They scream and smile a lot.
- They display different emotions such as anxiety and excitement, which they try to vocalize.
- Some babies tend to sleep for more than 12 hours a day.
As a parent, you need to ensure that the child is provided with the necessary mental and physical stimulation:
- Cuddle, hug, rock, and hold babies. They love it.
- Talk a lot. Use different funny sounding words, sing songs, or whisper in your child’s ear.
- Imitate your baby’s facial expression. Chances are that soon your child will start imitating yours.
- Create a bedtime routine so that the child understands that daytime means playtime while night is only for sleep.
- Your baby will cry a lot to catch your attention. Be receptive to the baby’s cues to make the child feel secure.
- Provide your infant with toys suitable for its age. Hold it away from the child and watch her reach out for it.
- Let your baby sleep on a firm mattress with no pillows or toys placed on it. It is advisable to prevent children from sleeping on their stomachs.
- Allow your child to be held by your family members, friends, and close ones.
- Breastfeeding is the best option for an infant compared to other forms of nutrition.
- Bathing should be limited to twice or thrice a week using warm water.
- Use the help of your parents, friends, or childcare specialists to take care of the baby at times while you take time off. Being a parent can be a stressful job!