Children pass through different stages of rapid growth throughout their childhood. While no two babies will show the same rate of growth, it is important to remember that height is a combination of several factors including genetics, nutrition, health, gender, etc.
Knowing how tall your baby grows may be useful for the following reasons:
- Every year, you have to contend with clothes that no longer fit or are of an incorrect size. Knowing the child’s height may be useful in planning clothes, bed size, etc.
- Some children may grow too fast or too slow. In rare cases, certain health conditions may impede or propel growth. A height predictor may help you to identify any deviance, which your doctor can then diagnose.
Here are some simplified methods to calculate your baby’s height:
- Take the average of the parent’s heights. There is 90% probability that the predicted height will be less or more than this average by usually two inches, but rarely exceeding four inches. The figure is normally more for boys and less for girls.
- Doubling the height of children when they are two years old gives a figure close to the predicted height at age 8.
- Tools are available on the Internet that use the child’s height at different intervals to compute a figure based on the growth pattern, gender, and other factors.
Me 5’7 1/2 – 5’8
Birthday november 14 1994
I wanna be over 10 feet tall!
hi,i m 16.5 right now and my height right now is 5’11” and 170 pounds and my dad height is 6’3″ and my mom s 5’6″ n i still havent grown finished my growth i mean i dont have beard and i wanted to know wat will my height be at the age of 20 thanks
hi,and i wanted to add one thing i dont think u have to depend on the height predictors because they always show the normal grow of ur height though it doesnt indicate whether u have late bloomer or not like that my dad s parents were (dad 5’7″ n mom 5’3″)but my grandpa s dad height was 6’4″ so my dad right now is 6’3″ or more so i think that it s not prediction it s depended on genetic acpect but u cant depend on it so i m 5’11” n i m 16.5 right now n every one in my family tell me that i ll be taller than 6’4″ cz they ve seen my dad s growth so u cant depend on the predictors u can change ur kids height by using certain kinds of sport like doig barfix every day i m sure it has it s own effects thank u
I am 14, 5’6 110 pounds. My dads 5’9 and my moms 5’8. How tall am i going to be when i am about 16, 17
Mum is 5’0″ Dad’s about 5’4″
I’m 15 and 5’5″ how tall will I become?
This is your mom:) Funny I found this a year later. You are now 15 and 125 pounds. I am not 5’8, I am 5’5 and a half. You will be the height that you were supposed to be and you are healthy! Love you
And 5’7 and a half
I am 5’8 135 pounds at age 15 years old, my clothes every year i grow out of or feel tight on me pretty quick. I hit puberty at 14 and grew 2 inches. Last year towards the end of school i started getting a growth spurt, now i don’t feel it as much anymore. the people that were shorter than me grew at the same height or taller. My dad is 6’1 and my mom is an estimated 5’5 to 5’6 How tall will i be and when will i stop growing in height? ( i have some facial hair, some public hair) i want to be at least 6’0 for sports.
My dad is 5 ‘7 and mom is 4 ’11 im 5 8 will i be a little taller