Help your baby develop his brain with these activities:
- Support and respect your baby’s
- Hold, rock and touch your baby.
Stroke your baby’s skin to
increase brain activity.
- Respond to your baby’s likes and
dislikes. You will be able to
understand his body language
long before he talks.
- Talk, read and sing to your baby. Language increases brain activity and
- Label objects and actions for your baby (ball, walking, washing, etc.
- Keep the environment calm. Protect your baby from emotional stress.
It’s hard for him to concentrate if there’s loud music and constant
- Help your baby safely explore using all five senses. Help him use taste,
touch, smell, hearing and seeing. Talk to your baby and name the
tastes and textures (sour, sweet, etc.).
- Avoid interrupting when your baby is concentrating. Your baby needs
playtime to explore and imitate. This happens through play. Standback and watch. Try to understand what your baby is working on.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your-Eleven-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.