You have a baby, and that’s a big responsibility. But you need to take time for yourself, too. You need to do some things that make you feel good. In turn, this will let you have more fun with your baby.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Have your baby’s dad, a friend or a relative watch the baby while you nap.
- Take time for a warm, relaxing bath when your baby is asleep.
- Ask your husband or a friend to give you a shoulder massage when you feel tense.
- Exercise (with your doctor’s OK). Exercise can make you feel less tired and better all over.
- Rent a movie you’ll enjoy. You can watch it while you nurse your baby.
- Don’t answer the phone if you are too tired to talk. If it is important (or sometimes even if it isn’t), the person will call back. Or you can install an answering machine.
Doing a few things you enjoy isn’t selfish. It is a good way to take care of yourself and your baby.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your One-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.