At this age, babies are beginning to expand their horizons to recognize logical sequences in events. This means that they will start enjoying games with regard to their structure, goals and ends. It’s really fun to watch as they start pulling things back and taking pleasure in responding to positive events like completing a task. As a parent concerned with your baby’s all-round development, you need to devote some time regularly to play with your baby.
Here are some interesting games that you can play with your twelve-month old baby:
- Stacking blocks: Build stacks of blocks for your baby and then let your baby try to do the same thing. This will not only entertain your baby but also help develop imaginative and creative talents.
- Push-and-pull toys: Playing with Push-and-pull toys helps make your baby more active and gives the much-required exercise in a welcome way.
- Naming games: Give your baby things that are frequently used in life—a glass, a crayon, a plate etc. —then name them. Such games help your baby learn its languages faster.
- Playing instruments: You may show your baby how to play small musical instruments such a small drum or a flute. Then allow your baby to play around with the instruments. This will allow your baby to develop an affinity towards music and rhythm.
- Playing with sand: Build sand castles and other structures, and let your baby play in the sand. This will stimulate its sense of tactility and touch.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.