Being a parent is important. But you are more than a mother or a
father. You must take good care of yourself. That way, you’ll be able to take
good care of your baby. What should you do to take care of yourself? Well,
think about how you take care of your baby.
- You want your baby to be healthy. Keep yourself healthy, too. Eat
healthy foods. Take walks. Exercise. Get enough rest. Get regular
medical and dental checkups.
- You want your baby to learn. Keep your mind active. Read a
magazine or a book. Learn new things. Try making a new recipe.
- You want your baby to learn how to talk. You need to talk to others,
too. You need to talk to other adults. Take time to talk and listen to
your spouse, family and friends.
- You want your baby to be safe. You need to practice safety, too.
Always wear your seat belt when driving. Always wear a bicycle
helmet when riding. They will protect you. Later, your baby will
learn to wear them, too. You need to practice safety to set an
example for your baby.
- You want your baby to enjoy life. You should, too. Listen to music.
Do something creative. Do something fun. Stress may be a part of
your life. Taking time for yourself will help you handle the stress
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your-Eight-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.