It’s never too early to start
taking care of your baby’s future
teeth. Here are some simple things
you can do for her:
- Never put your baby to sleep with a
- Once a day, gently wipe her gums with a wet, clean soft cloth. Start
doing this even before her teeth come in.
- Some babies show teeth as early as four or five months. Most babies
show teeth between six and eight months.
- When her teeth begin to show, you may use a soft toothbrush for cleaning.
Make sure it is baby-sized. Or you can continue to clean her teeth every
day with a cloth.
- Gently brush her teeth with water only. Toothpaste is not needed until
your baby is around three years old. She should be old enough to spit
out the toothpaste after brushing.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your Four-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads