- I don’t like being away from you.
- I crawl upstairs and downstairs but always need your help to do
- I pull myself up to stand if there is sturdy furniture to hold on to.
- I sit down from a standing position with balance and self-control.
- I point to parts of my body when you ask me where they are.
- I say “no” and shake my head from side to side.
- I know when you are happy or unhappy with what I do.
- I like to imitate people, gestures and sounds.
- I practice saying words. Sometimes you can understand what I’m
- I have favorite toys that give me comfort when I’m upset.
- I’m afraid of some loud noises, like thunder and the vacuum cleaner.
- I like to do things by myself but need you to stay close to me in case
I need help.
- I have some teeth and need help cleaning them.
- I fuss when I’m tired. Sometimes it’s hard for me to fall asleep.
- I rely on you to understand what my different cries and sounds mean.
- I like trying new foods that I can feed myself.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your-Ten-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.