How I move:
- I crawl backward and forward on my stomach.
- I may pull myself up. First, I have to hold on to something. Maybe I’ll
hold on to a piece of furniture. Getting back down is not so easy!
- I can stand up. But I have to lean against something.
- I can reach for objects and pick them up with my fingers. Make sure I
don’t swallow them! I could choke.
- I can hold on to a toy for several minutes.
How I talk:
- I recognize some words. When I hear them, I turn and listen.
- I may make some double sounds. I may say sounds such as “da-da,”“ma-ma” and “bye-bye.”
How I think and understand:
- I want to learn. I want to explore.
- I remember some things.
- I have feelings.
- New experiences may scare me. New people may scare me.
- I might get upset if you leave the room, even for a short time.
- When you come back, I feel happy.
- I may get upset sometimes when I cannot reach something.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your-Eight-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.