- I can move toys and other small things from one hand to the other.
- I may begin to pull myself up to stand. But I need something sturdy to
hold on to.
- I can pick up toys, food and small things using my fingers and thumb.
- I usually put a toy or food down by dropping or throwing it.
- I have good balance and can sit by myself.
- I crawl on my hands and knees. I may try to move up and down stairs.
- I like to watch people, animals, things and activities around me.
- I want to taste everything I touch.
- I practice making noises with my mouth. I try to copy the sounds I hear.
- I recognize my family and like being with them.
- I am sometimes afraid of strangers. I don’t like being away from my
- I like to play peek-a-boo and other games that help me find hidden
- I like to show that I know how to use everyday items like a cup, a
hairbrush and a ball.
- I like songs and rhymes and can bounce-dance to music.
- I know my name and smile when someone says it.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your-Nine-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.