- I turn toward voices.
- I reach for toys and pick them up.
- I can hold an object in one hand and put it into the other hand.
- I briefly look for a dropped toy.
- I pick things up and I shake them.
- I turn objects upside down to get another view of them.
- I may roll over from my stomach to my back and from my back to my
- I play with my toes.
- I may help hold my bottle.
- I know my name.
- I may play games with people I know.
- I babble, squeal and repeat sounds.
- I sit by leaning forward on my hands. I can sit with support.
- I may be afraid of adults I don’t know.
- I know the faces of the people who are around me a lot.
- I may know what the tone of your voice means.
Each month, Healthy Start, Grow Smart will provide information about
how babies grow and develop. If you have immediate questions or concerns
about how your child is developing, call your baby’s doctor.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your-Six-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.