Babies need to go to the doctor often, even when they are well.
They get shots to keep them from catching diseases. They get a physical
exam to see how they are growing. If a problem is found, your doctor will
suggest what to do. Taking care of small problems now will often keep
them from becoming big problems later.
Doctor visits are also a good time to learn more. Ask the doctor or nurse
about such things as:
- taking the baby’s temperature,
- giving medicine or home remedies,
- feeding milk and solid foods,
- giving vitamins or other supplements,
- putting the baby to sleep, and
- following advice on baby care that others give you.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your-Nine-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.