What are the important factors that go into creating an ideal situation to bring up kids? Well, the role of the mom and dad—essentially, good parenting skills—is crucial. However, other things, such as the environment, education, and community too play a role.
We bring you GreatDad’s list of the five best cities to raise your kids in:
5. Boston, Massachusetts: This largest city in New England is especially known for its excellent standards of higher education. Forbes magazine rated the Boston public school system, the oldest public school system in America, as the best in the world. Music, arts, sports, and a world-class urban environment make this a great city to raise your kids in.
4. Miami, Florida: Think about sun, surf, and cosmopolitan bustle and you think Miami. But there’s much more: this city has the largest school district in the world, an active sporting culture, and a beautiful climate year round. Your kids can nurture a love for nature through their visits to Parrot Jungle, Monkey Jungle, and Fairchild Tropical Gardens.
3. Minneapolis, Minnesota: Located on the banks of the Mississippi, this is the largest city in Minnesota. With a flourishing art scene, Minneapolis enjoys the presence of a community of musicians, artists, writers, and actors. Its residents love the outdoors and rate sports highly. All in all, this city with its lakes and parks is one great place to bring up your kids.
2. San Diego, California: Blessed with a sunny beachside atmosphere, this city has much more than water sports on offer. With a high per capita income, San Diego also offers good education opportunities—it has a medical school and at least three accredited law schools. And this is a city that almost knows no crime. Besides, special attractions for children abound, such as San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld San Diego, and Legoland.
1. Denver, Colorado: This scenic city, situated at the foot of the Southern Rocky mountains, is the capital of Colorado. Denver is home to the sprawling Denver Performing Arts Complex. Besides, the city has also spawned eight professional sports teams. Denver also has a pleasant natural environment all the year round, with winter sports such as skiing in the winter. All this makes it the best place to bring up your kids.