The following facts on fatherhood have been provided by Street Style Positive, an organization dedicated to helping parents make a positive difference in the lives of their children.
- Over 30,000,000 children in the U.S. do not have a father living with them and over one-third will not see their father at all in the next twelve months.
- 90% of all homeless and runaway children are from fatherless homes.
- Over 71% of high school drop outs are from fatherless homes.
- Young children growing up without father’s involvement are ten times more likely to be extremely poor.
- 20,000,000 children live in single parent households. 6. 63% of youth suicides.
- 85% of all children that exhibit behavioral disorders.
- The majority of teen mothers come from homes without fathers;
- 70% of juveniles in state operated institutions come from fatherless homes.
- 85% of all youths sitting in prisons grew up in a fatherless home.