As long as both you and your spouse are willing, it is generally okay to continue having sex right into late pregnancy. However, the missionary position may be uncomfortable for your spouse at this time because of the pressure on her stomach. You can resolve the problem by trying out some creative positions.
- Spoon: Your spouse may find this position particularly relaxing during advanced pregnancy. She lies on her side, slightly curled up, while you lie around her facing her back. You can enter her from behind, between her thighs. This way, there is no pressure on her belly and the penetration is shallow.
- Woman on top: Your spouse may prefer this position because it allows her to control the degree of penetration. This position is ideal throughout pregnancy.
- Side by side: Here, you and your spouse lie facing each other while you put a leg over her and enter from the front. Alternatively, your partner may have to pull up her leg to make space for you. This position may be tiring her, especially during advanced pregnancy.
- Hands and knees: In this position, your spouse gets down on her knees and bends forward to support herself on her palms, with the hands held straight down. There is no pressure on her belly, though in advanced stages, it may rest on the bed. However, the belly’s weight may make this a difficult position for your spouse to maintain.
- Edge of bed: Your spouse lies facing upward on the bed, with legs spread out and the soles of her feet on the floor. You can stand on the floor and bend over to enter her. You may need to control your thrusts to suit your spouse’s comfort levels.
The above information is commonsense reflection drawn from general
experience. If you are looking for expert medical advice, please
consult your doctor.