Welcome Back!

User Name
Not Registered?

Tell us a little about yourself.

My child’s birthday is (for newsletter customization):

Enter an email address:

This is where your newsletters will be delivered to and where GreatDad.com will contact you with your new account information.

father's forum

A place to discuss, learn and share ideas, thoughts and solutions.
Latest Posts

Imma new dad now....
Posts: 1 Views: 48

Need help to fix Canon pri...
Posts: 1 Views: 232

Eyeglasses Houston | Eyegl...
Posts: 1 Views: 200

Villas For Rent in Arabian...
Posts: 1 Views: 393

Posts: 2 Views: 479

hi mom!

Would you like to share this site with your husband or a friend?

Just enter his email address and your name below and we'll let him know all about GreatDad.com.

His email address
Your Name

That’s just being clumsy!

Author GreatDad Writers
Submitted 21-03-2007

Because toddlers at this age are actually learning to control the use of their bodies, they might appear to us to be quite clumsy. In reality though, all the stumbling, tripping, and falling over is what helps them master their movements quickly.
It is normal for your toddler to bump into something by mistake, fall down a few times, or drop things now and-then. However, if you sense that behavior is not normal or is getting worse,  you may need to seek professional help.

Here are signs to tell you that your toddler needs help:

  • If the your toddler’s attempts show no sign of improving with time.
  • If your toddler’s behavior deteriorates in terms of movement over a period of time.
  • If your toddler develops new symptoms relating to failure of motion and movement.

Here are steps you can take in the right direction:

  • If your toddler misses large objects such as chairs or cots, it may be a problem with your toddler’s eyesight. In such a case, you should consult a qualified optometrist.
  • If your toddler keeps falling down or dropping things very often, it may be due to a neurological disorder, a degenerative disorder, or a progressive disorder. In such a case, you should consult your pediatrician.