Welcome Back!

User Name
Not Registered?

Tell us a little about yourself.

My child’s birthday is (for newsletter customization):

Enter an email address:

This is where your newsletters will be delivered to and where GreatDad.com will contact you with your new account information.

father's forum

A place to discuss, learn and share ideas, thoughts and solutions.
Latest Posts

Hoe u een vergeten Yahoo M...
Posts: 1 Views: 77

Telefoonnummer google
Posts: 1 Views: 28

Len Meyer
Posts: 1 Views: 46

Vein specialist city centr...
Posts: 1 Views: 121

Vein doctor near me san jo...
Posts: 1 Views: 74

hi mom!

Would you like to share this site with your husband or a friend?

Just enter his email address and your name below and we'll let him know all about GreatDad.com.

His email address
Your Name

Tips for saving money on your property taxes

Author John Thompson
Submitted 26-05-2010

For many current homeowners, perhaps one of the only positive things to come out of the decline of the housing market across the nation is that their home’s value has decreased and it could end up saving them some money in property taxes.

Fathers may be able to save a significant amount of money by having their homes reassessed to reflect the current market in their area.

Bankrate.com reports that the National Taxpayers Union, a Washington, D.C., advocacy group whose goal is to lower taxes, estimates that as much as 60 percent of taxable property in the U.S. is over-assessed. But despite the growing tax bills, only half of homeowners protest their assessments. That means many may be paying more property taxes than necessary.

Your local tax assessor is in charge of determining the value of properties to determine how much tax homeowners will pay. If your home hasn’t been assessed in several years, now may be a good time to contact the assessor’s office to appeal your assessment.

This process may take a bit of research and work on your part, but could be worth it in the end. The appeals process usually takes between 30 and 120 days and involves the homeowner filing paperwork to make his or her case.