Make them dance.
Make them swing.
Make them feel they
can do anything.
Yes! Music is fun for your kids and a great way for you to connect with your
toddlers. Many parents observe that it’s never too early for children to start learning music. Some
can go in for basic formal training at age 3.
Here are some of the great things that music can do for your children:
- Experts recognize music
as a positive developmental stimulus for growing children.
- Music gives children movements
that lend confidence and stride to developing children.
- Music can be a learning tool too as
children are more susceptible to learn their words and pictures when they are set to the rhythm of
- Music lessons for older toddlers are known to increase their
Follow these few tips to help your
toddler get started on music:
- Play classical music in the morning and keep it on for
- Avoid grunge and hard metal music.
- Be spontaneous and break out into
song and dance once a while.
- Start your kids off with the piano, as there is no special
fingering that they need to master.
- Toddlers love reggae music and songs with a bit of
narrative. Buy lots of that stuff for their listening pleasure.
- Keep music as an integral
part of your child’s life.
Remember also that you have a choice over what kind of
music your child listens to. If you don’t want to hear Barney or Raffi, don’t buy their music or put
on their TV shows. There is plenty of other great music, some old and some new, that your child will