Welcome Back!

User Name
Not Registered?

Tell us a little about yourself.

My child’s birthday is (for newsletter customization):

Enter an email address:

This is where your newsletters will be delivered to and where GreatDad.com will contact you with your new account information.

father's forum

A place to discuss, learn and share ideas, thoughts and solutions.
Latest Posts

Hoe u een vergeten Yahoo M...
Posts: 1 Views: 49

Telefoonnummer google
Posts: 1 Views: 19

Len Meyer
Posts: 1 Views: 32

Vein specialist city centr...
Posts: 1 Views: 113

Vein doctor near me san jo...
Posts: 1 Views: 64

hi mom!

Would you like to share this site with your husband or a friend?

Just enter his email address and your name below and we'll let him know all about GreatDad.com.

His email address
Your Name

Agression – asking for Help

Author GreatDad Writers
Submitted 19-01-2007

Don’t be afraid to seek help.


Sometimes nothing a father can do makes a difference or his children’s aggression interferes with school or other organized activities and results in physical attacks on children or adults.


It is reccomended that, as a father, you should consult your pediatrician, who may refer you to a child psychologist or psychiatrist. Sometimes an undiagnosed learning disability or behavioral disorder is behind the frustration and anger; sometimes the problem is related to family or emotional difficulties. Treatment may include behavioral therapy, a specialized instructional approach at school, family counseling, or medication.


While you’re at it, don’t neglect to get some help for yourself — individual counseling, a support group, or even regular heart-to-hearts with close friends. Dealing with aggression in a child is unsettling and demands great patience and support. Look after yourself, and you’ll be a source of steady, loving guidance for your child.