Toddlers are prone to ailments easily and frequently. However, they also tend to recover rather quickly once given proper treatment.
Some of the common ailments that are likely to attack your toddlers include fever, skin infections, cough/cold, dental problems etc. You can treat minor ailments by yourself with the help of a well-stocked medicine chest. However, please note that serious and prolonged ailments would require the attention of a qualified physician.
If your toddler is sick with cold, you may try the following tips to help overcome the illness:
- Apply a balm or petroleum jelly around the nostrils to provide relief and reduce irritation
- Give your toddler a steam bath
- Use a moist piece of cloth to wipe your toddler’s running nose dry
- Consult a doctor if symptoms persist for too long
- Use a thermometer to find out the temperature your toddler is running
- If your toddler’s temperature is 100° F or less, keep watching for signs of fever occurring periodically and not continuously – if the fever occurs periodically, consult your doctor
- If your toddler’s temperature is more than 100.4° F, consult your doctor