According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, during the early months of pregnancy, regular doctor visits (prenatal care) are especially important.
Become a partner with your doctor to manage your spouse’s care. Keep all appointments — every one is important! During the first prenatal visit, you can expect the doctor or nurse to do the following:
- ask about your spouse’s health history including diseases, operations, or prior pregnancies
- ask about her family’s health history
- do a complete physical exam
- do a pelvic exam with a Pap test
- order lab tests
- check her blood pressure, urine, and weight
- figure out her expected due date
- answer her questions
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.