Pregnancy is usually accompanied by a number of telltale signs. If your spouse is pregnant, these pregnancy symptoms will most likely let you know—much before a medical test confirms your happy suspicion. Read on about how to identify signs that could tell you that your spouse is going to become a mother.
- Your spouse may report increased sensitivity in her breasts. While some women experience this only around their nipples, in others, this feeling extends to the entire breasts.
- You may see a cluster of bluish veins appear around the breasts.
- The areola, or the dark circular portion around the nipples, may reveal small, lighter colored bumps.
- Your spouse’s vaginal area may swell. She may also experience vaginal discharge due to the increased blood flow in this region.
- Changes in your spouse’s skin may also be a pregnancy symptom. Acne, rashes, and drying or chapping of the lips is quite common during pregnancy.
- Many pregnant women also experience a dull cramping pain that is similar to what they experience before or during menstruation.
- Heartburn may be another sign that could suggest your spouse is pregnant.
- Morning sickness, characterized by nausea, is a common pregnancy symptom.
- Your spouse may become intolerant to many smells. Even smells she liked earlier may cause her nausea.
- Another sign of pregnancy is if your spouse suddenly starts complaining of increasing fatigue.
- The early stage of pregnancy may also be marked by heightened hunger pangs. At the same time, your spouse may actually develop an aversion for many foods that she relished earlier.
- Heightened emotional sensitivity is another common pregnancy symptom. Your spouse may display erratic mood changes during this phase in her life.
While these pregnancy symptoms are often reliable pointers, only a medical test will be able to confirm this.