Taking care of children is a high-stress job. Parents realize this today as they deal with their toddlers’ curiosities, their wishful natures and their short attention spans. So it’s quite understandable when things get very frustrating.One simple and positive solution to this problem involves an approach through play. As a parent, you will find that learning to play with your children quickly yields its positive benefits:
- Children can retain their own independence as they increase their learning.
- Parents gain some much-needed opportunities to tend to other responsibilities.
- Treasure Hunt: Empty their favorite stuff into a cabinet. The kids can use it retrieve their treasures and even to play hide and seek * Construct a tent: Use chairs and a sheet to make them a tent where they can read and sleep.
- Clay Time: Spread a plastic tablecloth on the floor and provide homemade play dough in their favorite colors and don’t forget the plastic cookie cutters.
- Break Time: Make sure the kids get periodic breaks and get some private time with you .
- Snack alert: It is always better to have small snacks readily available if your kids get hungry. Make up paper bags full of raisins, pretzels, dried fruit, or other healthy treats.
In case you haven’t, childproof your children’s playroom. It is essential that you provide a safe and healthy environment for your children to play in.