With Christmas approaching, many dads are eagerly awaiting the gifts their wives and kids have come up with this year. While it is obviously the thought that counts, there are still some presents that will make the day just a little bit better, and others that may make you hit the egg nog a little bit harder.
With that in mind, we've put together the top five worst Christmas presents to get a dad this year.
1. Another new tie. Or any clothing really. Guys typically do not like being told what to wear, and getting clothes is always hit or miss. The gift also has the implication that what you are currently wearing just isn't cutting it.
2. Hardware. The problem with this present is that it implies that work needs to be done. Getting a dad something like a new rake, shovel or anything along those lines only reinforces that he has a lot of work to do around the house. (Or a lot of work to procrastinate doing).
3. Scale. This gift says a lot without talking. It may be a not-so-small reminder that you are overweight and need to go for a jog. Actually, nevermind, that's exactly what it is.
4. Novelty appliances. Although it may seem like that gadget from Sharper Image would be a good idea, the usefulness generally runs out after a few weeks. And then you are left with a weird pseudo-modern combination snuggie book light.
5. Grooming tools. Nothing says "I love you" like a nose hair trimmer, but these items are generally better purchased at one's own discretion.