Even at a young age, playing fosters your child’s physical and mental development. It is essential however that you provide babies with toys meant for their specific age group. Also, always remember to check that they meet the required safety standards.
These are some ideal toys for your three to six month old child:
- Soft cuddly toys: Soft toys such as dolls and teddies are good for babies at this age. It is important that it does not have parts such as sharp wires that can cut through and hurt your child. Similarly, avoid toys with buttons, eyes, or ribbons that can be torn off and swallowed.
- Squeaky toys: At this age, a baby learns to grasp and feel things. Toys that squeak will encourage your child to squeeze and explore objects in different ways.
- Rattles: At this age, children learn to associate cause and effect of events. Rattles and other toys that they can shake or manipulate to produce different sounds will help them to understand this better.
- Board books: Reading to a child helps develop your baby’s language skills. Children also love to be shown pictures which they associate with the stories. Besides, board books are made to withstand the attentions of younger children.
- Toy bars: These are bars with different plastic toys that can attach to your baby’s stroller or car seat. These can provide endless enjoyment during a stroll or drive.