How I grow
- When I lie on my tummy, I may roll from side to side. I may even roll
over onto my back.
- I may be able to sit with support.
- I can hold my head up on my own. I can turn my head from side to side.
- I use both hands to grab toys and other objects.
- When I’m in the bathtub, I like to splash in the water. I always need to be held firmly so I don’t slide into the water.
How I understand
- I may get excited when I see people I know. Sometimes I don’t like strangers.
- I like some toys better than others.
How I talk
- When you talk to me, I smile and squeal and coo.
- I like to imitate sounds. I like for you to talk to me and make sounds to me.
- I babble now. I make lots of different sounds.
- When I am happy, I coo, squeal, gurgle, giggle, grin and laugh out loud.
How I respond
- I like to look at myself in the mirror. Sometimes I smile at myself.
- I like to be touched and held.
- I may fuss if I am left alone. I get bored.
- I may cry when you take a toy away from me. I may cry when you stop
playing with me.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your Four-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads