How I grow
- I don’t bob my head as much.
- I keep my hands loosely open
most of the time.
- I will hold objects, but I will not
reach for them.
- I move my arms and legs a lot.
- When held in a standing position,
I can bear some weight on my
- When I’m on my tummy, I can
hold my head up for 10 seconds or
- I touch my face with my hands.
How I talk
- I gurgle, whimper and chuckle.
- I don’t cry as much as I used to.
- I squeal and make other sounds
when you talk to me.
How I eat and sleep
- I may have one feeding at night.
- I may sleep through the night.
- I may need a morning nap and an
How I respond
- When I see you, I turn my whole
body to face you.
- I turn my head toward the
sounds of singing or talking.
- I may stop or start crying
depending on who is holding me.
How I understand
- I’m beginning to remember
- I’m beginning to recognize different
people in my family.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your Three-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.