My head is a little wobbly when I am propped up. Put your hand behind my neck and head for support.
- I can hold my head up for a few seconds when I’m on my stomach.
- I hold onto things for a little while.
- I move my arms and legs. I “bicycle” with my feet when I get excited.
- I gurgle, laugh and smile when I am happy.
- I cry when I am hungry, scared or uncomfortable.
- I am aware of different voices and people.
- I stay awake during the day. But I usually take naps throughout the day.
- I make cooing sounds.
- I begin to stare at my hands.
- I follow you with my eyes to watch you move around.
- I stare at people and at things.
- I smile at other people, not just at my mother.
- I quiet down when I suck my fingers, a bottle or a pacifier.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your Two-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.