You can do many things to encourage your baby’s learning and successful
development. These are easy things to do. You can just have fun
with your baby, and he will learn. You can just be a parent, and your baby
can just be a baby.
Here are things you can do:
- Give your baby things to play with. Babies like to hold things and put
them in their mouths. Help your baby play with new toys and objects.
Make sure what you give your baby is safe. (Never give your baby a
balloon or a plastic bag to play with. He can choke on these things.)
- Give your baby things to look at. Brightly colored mobiles over a crib
help his vision develop. Hang the mobiles high enough so that your
baby can’t pull them down. You can also show pictures of faces to your
- Talk to your baby and read to your baby. Use a kind voice.
- Respond when your baby cries. This helps him learn that he can
communicate to make his needs known.
- Take your baby to different places and let him see different things.
- Touch your baby and cuddle him. Make sure he knows you love him. Talk softly and calmly. Be soothing.
This content has been provided freely by CMC. Click Healthy Start, Grow Smart—Your Three-Month-Old for your free download. Click GreatDad Free Ebook to download the entire Health Start, Grow Smart series.
Note: For info on sex after delivery, subscribe now to the GreatDad newsletter for new dads.