Welcome Back!

User Name
Not Registered?

Tell us a little about yourself.

My child’s birthday is (for newsletter customization):

Enter an email address:

This is where your newsletters will be delivered to and where GreatDad.com will contact you with your new account information.

father's forum

A place to discuss, learn and share ideas, thoughts and solutions.
Latest Posts

Posts: 1 Views: 5

How do I fix company file ...
Posts: 2 Views: 171

Why Quicken Error Cc-800 O...
Posts: 2 Views: 120

Why Quicken Error Cc-800 O...
Posts: 1 Views: 67

Fast Writing Service – T...
Posts: 1 Views: 76

hi mom!

Would you like to share this site with your husband or a friend?

Just enter his email address and your name below and we'll let him know all about GreatDad.com.

His email address
Your Name

Complications – When to Call the Doctor

Author GreatDad Writers
Submitted 15-01-2007

According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, when your spouse is pregnant you should not hesitate to call your doctor or midwife if something is bothering or worrying either of you. Sometimes physical changes can be signs of a problem.


Call your doctor or midwife as soon as you can if your spouse:

  • is bleeding or leaking fluid from the vagina
  • has sudden or severe swelling in the face, hands, or fingers
  • gets severe or long-lasting headaches
  • has discomfort, pain or cramping in the lower abdomen
  • has a fever or chills
  • is vomiting or have persistent nausea
  • feels discomfort, pain or burning with urination
  • has problems seeing or blurred vision
  • feels dizzy
  • senses a change in your baby’s movement
  • suspects your baby is moving less than normally after 28 weeks of pregnancy (if she can count less than 10 movements in 2 hours or less)

Also See: