Toys are constant companions for your toddlers especially when no one else is around for company.
Therefore, take a bit of time when choosing the right type of toys for your toddler—toys that you will not regret providing for your toddler.
Here are some tips that should help you choose the right toys:
- Select toys that are soft and do not have sharp edges or toxic paints so that you don’t ever have to worry about the toy hurting your toddler.
- Give your toddler a ball. Balls are cheap and practical. There are many things that the toddler can do with a ball —kick it, roll it over, run after it, throw it etc.—bringing it immense delight and compelling it to be physically very active.
- Interactive toys are good for your toddler because they encourage the toddler to become more active and social.
- Puzzles also prove to be good toys for toddlers—they encourage a lot of positive mental activity in your toddler. Dads also like to put together puzzles, even simple ones. The more enjoyable the toy for dad, the more time dad spends on the floor playing.
- Mechanical toys are also good for toddlers—these toys keep the toddler busy in a constructive way.
- Drawing and painting material are good toys for your toddler—such toys enhance your toddler’s imaginative and creative talents.
Find toys that you enjoyed as a child. This guarantees that you’ll sit down and play them at least once with your child to bring back your own childhood memories.
A good toy can do immense good for your toddler helping him develop and learn.